Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are sooo chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They turn out nice and large so be prepared with lots of milk!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon marshmallow extract (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups caramel filled Hersheys chocolate kisses
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter, sugar, and brown sugar together in a microwave for 45 to 50 seconds on medium to low power, careful not to burn the butter.
- Let the butter-sugar mixture cool just a bit and blend in the egg and egg yolk. Add the vanilla and marshmallow extract, and the heavy cream. Stir and set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together and fold into wet mixture carefully.
- Add chocolate chips, candies, oats and pecans.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 5-7 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
Enjoyed these very much--made them small and shared for a church function (many compliments). Skipped the marshmallow extract (didn't even sound good to me!) and used regular caramel/butterscotch chips from the grocery store. *PAC Spring 2008*