Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve inside cannolis or as a dip for pizzelles or other crisp wafer like cookies. This recipe includes Kahlua, Creme de Cacao and chocolate chips, what's more to like? This is my husband's creation, which is his own take on a recipe he learned from an italian friend. This is quite addictive so be careful! UPDATE: I have provided a much smaller version of the recipe (which is how I usually make it), since it originally called for 3lbs of ricotta and you only need that when company's coming! The original recipe would be 6 times the amounts below.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Creme de Cacao
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua (or Bacardi Light Rum)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or to taste)
- cannoli shells or pizzelles or even with strawberry
- Mix up cheese and sugar in a large bowl.
- Pour liquors into a shot glass and add slowly and check consistency as you add it ensuring that mixture stays thick and not soupy (drink the leftovers!).
- Stir in chocolate chips (use more or less to your taste). Serve inside cannoli shells or use as a dip for pizzelles or other crisp wafer like cookies (serve immediately once cannoli shells are filled so they do not get soggy).
Sounds Marvelous, thanks too for the tip of using pizzells. not easy to find cannoli shells anymore without driving to Little italy.
very good flavor, just turned out a little too runny after being refrigerated. next time, i think i'll have to cut down the kahlua/creme de cacao to fix that. definitely a keeper. thanks
Great recipe, but I didn't like the whole chocolate chips. So I shaved a plain dark chocolate candy bar! So so good !!! I will make this many times !