Recipe by Monica in PA
Another favorite from my Mom. A fast and easy dessert that is wonderful served warm! A special after-school snack idea for the kids when they have friends over or a dessert option for a casual evening.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
chocolate chip mixture
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, 1 cup sugar, and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with sour cream into bowl.
- Add vanilla.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Spread 1/2 of batter into 9X13 pan.
- In seperate small bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Add half of cinnamon mixture over top of batter in pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of chocolate chips over cinnamon mixture.
- Add remaining batter over top of chocolate chips.
- Add remaining cinnamon sugar and top with remaining chocolate chips and bake in 350 degree oven for 20- 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.