Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another favorite from my Mom. A fast and easy dessert that is wonderful served warm! A special after-school snack idea for the kids when they have friends over or a dessert option for a casual evening.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
chocolate chip mixture
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Combine butter, 1 cup sugar, and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with sour cream into bowl.
- Add vanilla.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Spread 1/2 of batter into 9X13 pan.
- In seperate small bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Add half of cinnamon mixture over top of batter in pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of chocolate chips over cinnamon mixture.
- Add remaining batter over top of chocolate chips.
- Add remaining cinnamon sugar and top with remaining chocolate chips and bake in 350 degree oven for 20- 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
So easy and quick - turned out perfectly - consumed rapidly by all - I had no sour cream so used milk and still was a success - will be made regularly from now on.
I 'loved' this recipe. Tried it already but just 'now' getting around to 'putting' my thoughts--on the web, as I don't get a chance to get on it 'every' day! So thank you --as this recipe is very 'good' & very 'easy'!!! I 'will' check out your 'other' recipes too--as I 'know' they will be good-- if this one is any 'indication' of your others--haha!! Am anxious to try some more! Thanks ! :)
I tried it and it was delish!! I didn't have sour cream and read that a reviewer used milk so I used that and the only other change I made was I didn't add chocolate chips to the top layer. I used a round cake pan and it was DELISH! The batter is thick but it bakes up light and fluffy. Thanks for posting - will definitely make again.