Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A super easy no frosting cake that is delicious warm from the oven. One of my family's favorite cakes of all time.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (not oil) a 13 x 9 pan.
- In large bowl, combine first 9 ingredients.
- Mix well by hand or use a mixer at medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter (about 2 1/2 cups) into the prepared pan.
- In separate small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture and chocolate chips (1/2 cup) over batter.
- Repeat with remaining batter, sugar mixture, and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is a great cake made easily with kitchen staples. I do reduce the amount of sugar a bit and it is always delicious! Just a note to those who say the chocolate chips sink to the bottom. If you take a tablespoon of flour from what you're using for the recipe, and mix it with the chips til they're evenly coated, they won't sink as much. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This was a delicious cake although it definitely should call for mini chocolate chips because everything sinks to the bottom and if you don't have a real sweet tooth this is not the cake for you; I felt that it could have used less sugar and I do have a sweet tooth.
A friend made this recipe for a party and it was fantastic! Can't wait to make it myself - yum!