Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like chocolate chips, then this cake is for you. It goes great with a frothy mug of hot chocolate...ahhh...contentment!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I like to use milk chocolate chips)
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Greas and flour a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan.
- Place the cream cheese, butter and sugar in a food processor and process until smooth (it may be necessary to do this in 3 or 4 batches).
- when smooth, beat in the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold in, along with the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until skewer inserted in teh center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.