Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chocolate chips and pecans make this recipe really good. It's also really easy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease an 8 X 8 pan.
- Combine flour and soda in a medium bowl.
- Mix well with a wire whisk; set aside.
- In a large bowl use an electric miser to blend the sugar and butter.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until light and smooth.
- Scraped down the sides of the bowl and then add the flour mixture, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Blend at low speed until combined.
- Transfer batter into the pan and level top.
- Bake in center of oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack to room temperature.
- Cut with sharp knife into 1 by 2 inch bars.