I was looking for this recipe on here, but could only find the ones with chocolate pudding. So I just made my own up with ingredients I knew that that recipe included. This cake is so moist, but so full of flavor!!! It works for most people, as it is not too rich with a ton of chocolate, but just enough. It is great for last minute company or when you need a dessert quickly. This makes a yellow cake with chocolate chips and then can use optional chocolate glaze.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 8 ounces mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet is what I use, but could use milk or dark chocolate chips)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (4 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light corn syrup (if still too thick, add another 1/2 TBS)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your bundt pan.
- For the cake, mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. (oven temperatures vary, check at 45 mins.).
- Allow cake to cool completly.
- For optional glaze, put butter, chips and light corn syrup in microwave safe container (I use 1 cup glass measuring cup) and cook on high for 20 second . Stir and if all chips and butter are melted, glaze is smooth, then drizzle over cake, if not, microwave 10 seconds longer and stir. Allow glaze to cool and harden before covering cake with plastic wrap.
diner - RAVE reviews from everyone who ate a piece! Fabulous cake - very moist, held the chips well within. Chocolate is never optional with me - I added it and loved it. Nice glossy finish that is the perfect consistancy! I'm so glad (and so is everyone in my family and a few friends) that I tagged this. Made for your win in Tic-Tac-Toe Week #1 Board in the Safari Cooking Club. I feel like I was the winner getting to make this cake. :)
I made this without glaze and it is a wonderful cake. I started mixing everything together before I realized I didn't have sour cream, so I used fat free plain yogurt in it's place and it worked just fine. My husband absolutely loved the cake, so I'm sure I will be making it often. Will definitely try the glaze next time too. Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR Tag.
This was very tender and flavorful! I doubled the topping because we wanted something a little more decadent. :-)
The topping was definitely not drizzly.... it was fudgy and thick, but that's what I wanted!