This is guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate fix. Ooey, gooey, fudgey, and chewy.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Place 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and the butter in a saucepan on very low heat, and stir, until melted, being careful not to scorch.
- Allow melted chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread walnuts (optional) on a baking sheet (if not already toasted), and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; remove pan from oven and allow nuts to cool before chopping.
- Mix together eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl; stir in vanilla and salt.
- Sift flour, and add in small portions to egg, mixing well after each addition, until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in cooled chocolate and mix well; then fold in chopped nuts (if using).
- Add remainder of chocolate chips (about 1 1/4 cups) to the batter and stir well.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x11-inch pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approx 25-30 minutes, then allow brownies to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Makes approx 15 brownies, depending on size preference.