Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
it is with great dissapointment i admit defeat on a concept, this was sipposed to be veganomicon chocolate chip brownie waffles sadley my waffle maker was inferior and could not hold the umptions goo of them without tearing them apart when i opended the waffle maker. i scraped out and ate teh cooked goo and it was gorgoues but messy. i kept the crispy cooked bits off waffle and spinkled it over the cake mix once it was in the loaf tin. i nearly cried that day fro sheer dissapoinment i love waffles, but on the plus side i got a very good cake out the mix
- 473.18 ml plain flour
- 158.51 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 414.03 ml soya milk
- 59.14 ml water
- 118.29 ml soy yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan)
- 158.51 ml pecans (optional)
- preheat you oven to gas mark 4, line a loaf tin with baking parchment
- sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- mix all wet ingredients in another bowl and whisk a little
- add wet ingredients to dry ingredients usie a spatula to combine until just mixed do not over mix, fold in gently choc chips and pecans if using.
- put mixture into loaf tin and bake for about 40 minutes, this should be a slightly squidy loaf so stick in a wooden squewer ( i really had to think how to spell squeerer then im sure its wrong every way i look it it nevermind!) if its fudgey give it about naother 5 minutes or if you like it a bit gooey take it out, it will conitnue to cook a bit whilst its cooling.
- cut into chunks and refuse to share with husband as you are lamenting over waffes.