Recipe by cakeinmyface
it is with great dissapointment i admit defeat on a concept, this was sipposed to be veganomicon chocolate chip brownie waffles sadley my waffle maker was inferior and could not hold the umptions goo of them without tearing them apart when i opended the waffle maker. i scraped out and ate teh cooked goo and it was gorgoues but messy. i kept the crispy cooked bits off waffle and spinkled it over the cake mix once it was in the loaf tin. i nearly cried that day fro sheer dissapoinment i love waffles, but on the plus side i got a very good cake out the mix
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups soya milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup soy yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan)
- 2⁄3 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat you oven to gas mark 4, line a loaf tin with baking parchment
- sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- mix all wet ingredients in another bowl and whisk a little
- add wet ingredients to dry ingredients usie a spatula to combine until just mixed do not over mix, fold in gently choc chips and pecans if using.
- put mixture into loaf tin and bake for about 40 minutes, this should be a slightly squidy loaf so stick in a wooden squewer ( i really had to think how to spell squeerer then im sure its wrong every way i look it it nevermind!) if its fudgey give it about naother 5 minutes or if you like it a bit gooey take it out, it will conitnue to cook a bit whilst its cooling.
- cut into chunks and refuse to share with husband as you are lamenting over waffes.