Top Review by Chef*Lee
Great flavor and richness with this cake!! I think the baking time is a little off though. I baked this the recommended 325 degrees F for 35 minutes and then thought it was looking good on the top and the sides but the inside was completely still raw and un-cooked. I put the cake back in and raised the temperature to 350 degrees F. I baked at that temp for 40 more minutes and then it turned out wonderfully! Like a gooey brownie with fluffiness like a cake. Really, the chocolate chips melt even at the 325 temp so they didn't act as a different texture or treat within the cake. Definitely a death by chocolate experience and maybe next time I would use a larger pan instead of the 10" round pan and then this baking time might be correct. Delicous, anyhow!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and 2 cups chocolate chips together.
- In a bowl, mix flour and soda together.
- Put melted chocolate mixture in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and beat for 5 minutes.
- until smooth.
- Add vanilla essence and gradually add water.
- Mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well, after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until blended.
- Fold in remaining 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet choc chips.
- Pour into a greased 10" round pan.
- Bake at 325 deg.
- F for 35-45 minutes .
- Store in your fridge.