Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The hawaiian bread used in this recipe makes this one a keeper! You can drizzle a rum toffee sauce over it or a chocolate sauce over it right before serving. I prefer the chocolate sauce. I posted the recipes for both great sauces. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1 (1 lb) round Hawaiian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degree's. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, place bread crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups cream, milk, 1 cup sugar, butter and eggs; add to bread crumbs, stirring to combine. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in chocolate and pecans. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup cream, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; bake for 1 hour, or until center is set.
- Serve warm with either Rum toffee sauce or Chocolate Sauce.
Wow, this was fantastic! Was quick and easy to throw together. Ate it warm topped with your rum toffee sauce. Wow. That's all I can say, because it was so rich and delicious! Thank you so much for sharing this gem!