Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from the 5/11/04 edition of Woman's World. A really rich and luscious recipe and easy to make.
- 1 (16 ounce) cinnamon-raisin bread
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Diagonally cut bread slices in half to make triangles.
- Arrange 1/3 of the bread in bottom of pan slightly overlapping.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cups semi sweet morsels.
- Repeat layers with remaining bread and semi sweet morsels, ending with semi sweet morsels.
- Whisk half and half with eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Evenly pour over bread.
- cover with aluminun foil.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or golden brown.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Came out AMAZING!!! I used plain Challah bread instead of the cinnamon raison, and since I wasn't sure the bread was 16 oz I added more liquid. In addition to the recipe I added another cup of half and half and one egg. It came out perfect with crispy buttery edges. YUMMMM