Prep 20 mins
Cook 26 mins
From Cooking Light November 2006. The drizzle needs an hour to chill.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- BLONDIES: Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt), stirring well with a whisk.
- Place 1 cup sugar and 1/3 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg substitute and egg to sugar mixture; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- DRIZZLE: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, whipping cream, and bourbon in a medium saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Pour mixture into a bowl; chill 1 hour.
- Drizzle bourbon mixture over blondies; cut into 24 bars.