Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a perfect easy treat for anytime of the day.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (no substitutions)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 oz)
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
This is a go-to recipe for me -- these are great for all the reasons already posted by other reviewers. I want to note that when I substituted coconut oil for butter [I had no butter] these turned out great. Also, I always add 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips as they go great in this recipe. I usually cook mine around 29 minutes.
Definitely easy, and tasty. But the baking time was more like 36 minutes to get the middle to just set, and then the edges were too hard to enjoy.
Delicious!! Just the flavor I was looking for. I used semi-sweet chips and added some walnuts. 1/2 a batch was probably a smart move on my part. Then, there's always tomorrow...