Recipe by Chris from Kansas
These are a perfect easy treat for anytime of the day.
Top Review by morlin
This is a go-to recipe for me -- these are great for all the reasons already posted by other reviewers. I want to note that when I substituted coconut oil for butter [I had no butter] these turned out great. Also, I always add 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips as they go great in this recipe. I usually cook mine around 29 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (no substitutions)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.