Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An alternative to the usual brownie. Prep time includes cooling time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla and eggs and beat until well blended.
- Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Stir in butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Butter a 9- by 13-inch baking pan and spread dough level in pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until top is browned and a wooden skewer inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, then cut into 24 rectangles.
- Serve warm or cool.