Recipe by cnvee
Slightly adapted from Full Measure of Happiness.(http://www.fullmeasureofhappiness.com/2012/02/11/chocolate-chip-biscotti/)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients, then add in the vanilla and the eggs. Mix until just combined, then add in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half and form into two logs the length of your greased baking sheet. Flatten each slightly, being sure to leave room between the logs as they will spread a little in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, then remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice each loaf into 2 inch thick pieces, and arrange them on their sides on the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for 10-30 minutes, depending on how dry you prefer your biscotti. (I leave mine in for the bare minimum because I don't like a totally crispy cookie).