- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup of melted shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350, grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix sugar and shortening together.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in pan and bake until top is golden brown, usually about 35 minutes, depending on your oven.