Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a in-store magazine and they are really good! Like chocolate chip cookies without all the fuss.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup refined sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt together until well mixed. Using a large bowl and electric beaters, blend butter, brown sugar and refined sugar until creamy.
- Blend in one egg at a time, then add vanilla. Hand-stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a 10 x 10 inch pan with parchment paper or spray it lightly with cooking oil. Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes or until golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Worked perfectly! Make sure to start watching around 25 minutes, especially if you like your cookie a little doughy.
I doubled the vanilla because I like a strong vanilla taste. Didn't seem to an adverse effect on how the cookie cooked.