Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan."
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sweetener.
- Add the oil, vanilla, milk, and chocolate chips and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
- Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
I have a convection oven which usually cooks on the short side. Despite using the times listed, the middle of this was not properly cooked. I used water which was okay but some form of milk product would have been better. Needs a bit of tweaking to make it a reliable recipe.
i am currently working on devouring the whole batch! made this last night from my own copy of how- and found it was posted here as well. i used natural applesauce rather than oil, carob chips, and brown rice and whole wheat flours. splenda for the sweetener.
I liked that these were not overly sweet. It is a great recipe for those who can not eat eggs or butter. Next time I will try spreading them thinner as they seemed a bit heavy to me.