Recipe by Bec
From the 1961 "Lutheran Favorites" of St. James Lutheran Church, Howard Lake, Minnesota. Submitted by Mrs. Elisa Uecker.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup flour, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Place in ungreased pan (9 x 13).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, baking powder, brown sugar, flour, and salt and pour over baked cake.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and chocolate chips over this mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.