Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light Magazine. Easy and delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk
- and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, vanilla and egg whites in a large bowl, beat with a
- mixer at high speed for 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture, beating just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecan. If you're eliminating pecans, add
- another 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into an 8" square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake bars at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until golden and crusty on top.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.