Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are easy muffins to make using a cake mix. Smells so good when you take them out of the oven. Use olive oil, the kind for baking.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- Mix bananas, oil and eggs in a separate bowl with a whisk, then add to cake mix, combine with a rubber spatula.
- Stir in nuts and walnuts.
- Makes 12 large muffins. Sprinkle with coconut on each, it will toast when baking -- and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees°F.
Delicious! I'm not a huge fan of bananas, but the coconut and chocolate make the banana flavor not so strong. Made 12 HUGE muffins.
Yummy and easy-thanks!
These were a hit at our house. They were easy, fast, and tasty. My husband who isn't a muffin fan, loved these right out of the oven. I skipped the nuts and threw in an extra 1/2 c. mini choc chips. I made 23 small (cupcake size) muffins. Very good, thanks!