Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is so moist you don't need to frost it! Perfect for an after-school snack.
- 828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13x9" pan.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat the sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Add sour cream, banana and vanilla; mix well.
- On low speed, blend in flour mixture gradually until well incorporated.
- Stir in 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/2c.
- chocolate chips over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for to use up my over ripe bananas. The cake is super moist and has the right amount of sweetness....no frosting needed. I will be making this again!
Made this cake this afternoon because I had some overly ripe bananas that I didn't want to lose! I made several modifications (used greek yogurt in place of part of both the butter and sour cream), used light butter rather than regular, and used half whole wheat flour and half all purpose. Also cut the sugar, as it just seemed like too much, and didn't have a much in the way of chocolate chips, so I just added what I had and skipped putting them on top of the batter. It turned out splendidly though - thanks for posting this!
Scrumptious!!! After school, my stepdaughter and boyfriend came home. I served this cake and asked them to rate it out of 5 and with much enthusiasm, my stepdaughter said '5' and the boyfriend looked at me and said ''7' with big eyes lol Thank you for this wonderful after school snack cake!!! :D