Recipe by Kat
Mmmmm... tasty, especially right out of the oven!
Top Review by Pam Walk
Very, very good. I didn't have enough chocolate chips, so I added some mini M&Ms. They went really quick. I liked this because the banana flavor wasn't too overpowering, just a good way to use up the last couple bananas no one wants.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (try using some brown if you like)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium, very ripe)
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine, vanilla, and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, oats, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed banana to the creamed mixture.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into well greased muffin tins and bake for approxamitely 25 minutes.