Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mmmmm... tasty, especially right out of the oven!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (try using some brown if you like)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium, very ripe)
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine, vanilla, and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, oats, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed banana to the creamed mixture.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into well greased muffin tins and bake for approxamitely 25 minutes.
Very, very good. I didn't have enough chocolate chips, so I added some mini M&Ms. They went really quick. I liked this because the banana flavor wasn't too overpowering, just a good way to use up the last couple bananas no one wants.
My family really enjoyed these. I followed the recipe other then I used 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of Splenda. I also used milk chocolate chips. These are big muffins but mine cooked up in 22 minutes.
These were moist and oh so big! So big that the middle wasn't baked after 30 minutes in the oven. :( - Used a little less sugar and they were just perfect. Will make 14-15 muffins next time to make sure they are baked through! Thanks Kat! ;)