Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I love banana bread but had a difficult time finding a recipe that wasn't kind of dry and bland. After experimenting I came up with my own moist and delicious muffin. My kid's want me to make these nearly every week!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 large ripe bananas (about 2 1/3 Cups mashed)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease or use paper liners in muffin tins. (Makes approximately 16-18 muffins)
- In large mixing bowl, cream softend butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. Add eggs and bananas. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, SIFT together flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. (It is important to use a sifter for this step).
- Add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture.
- Using a large spoon, mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Use a scoop to fill 16-18 muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake in 350 preheated oven for approximately 18-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Check after 18 minutes.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. Will keep about 5-7 days in refrigerator but can freeze for longer.
These are amazing! The dough is SUPER thick, but worth the effort! We make these, literally...all the time. I make them with the intention of putting them in the freezer, but we eat them too fast to get a chance to freeze them! Great recipe!
W-O-W....truly delicious! And soooo moist! I don't think I've ever had a muffin so moist before. I didn't have a sifter, however, I used a colander and seemed to do just fine! Will definitely make again! Great recipe!