Recipe by Pardeemom
This recipe is from Light 'n Tasty and is a terrific muffin! Just the right amount of chocolate and banana.
Top Review by ladypit
We really enjoyed these moist muffins. I did not have mini chocolate chips and feel like the little ones would have worked better. As it was I had to double the amount of chips so there was enough chocolate flavor for us. That said, I loved the addition of the bran and the fact that these have so little fat. These were enjoyed for breakfast and in lunchboxes.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 3 bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the first seven ingredients.
- Combine the eggs and milk; stir in the bananas, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray and fill 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.