Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are a huge hit with kids. They have a crisp top but are soft and moist inside. They have the distinct taste of healthy bananas and speckled with delicious chocolate chips. Perfect for an afternoon snack or lunchbox treat. You'll have the kids begging for more!
- Preheat oven to 200°C (about 400°F).
- Line a 12 section muffin tray with patty cake cases.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or heat-proof bowl in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
- Using a whisk, lightly beat the milk, eggs and butter together in a jug.
- Add the milk mixture and the mashed banana to the dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon, gently mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned on top.
- Leave in the tray for 3 minutes then transfer the muffins to a rack to cool.
lovely easy to make muffins. Very tasty without being too sweet. Next time I'm going try them with some shredded coconut added.