Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great recipe to serve with tea! Freezes well and is rich and moist.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350* Coat 9 square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Flour lightly.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In bowl mash bananas; stir in oil and eggs until just combined.
- Stir in chips.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 40 mins or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 15 mins.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
Excellent exactly what my taste buds were craving. It took about 6 minutes less to bake in my oven. Thanks for posting, I'm keeping my eyes open for ripe bananas on sale so I can bake a couple for the freezer.
My wife has an alternate recipe she had played around with which is very similar to this with the following differences: 1 1/2 cups self raising flour replace vegetable oil with 120g melted dark chocolate (still add chocolate chips at end!) 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence bake until ready (~65 min at 350C) Cas & Lisa