1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is based on Miss Diggy's recipe - modified to remove eggs/dairy/soy. Her original recipe is here: http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-chocolate-chip-sour-cream-banana-bread-69407
My Private Note
5x9 loa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour (or flour substitute)
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 8 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup Earth Balance natural buttery spread (soy & dairy free)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (organic without alcohol)
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup so delicious coconut-milk yogurt (Cultured coconut milk, not really yogurt, Vanilla flavor, in yogurt section, soy & dairy free)
- 1 cup enjoy life semi-sweet chocolate chips (soy & dairy free)
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt and set aside (dry ingredients).
- 3In another small bowl, prepare egg substitute - mixing egg replacer with warm water until well blended - no lumps and set aside.
- 4In another medium bowl, mix the bananas with vanilla and set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, cream the buttery spread and sugar together.
- 6Blend in the egg replacer mix thoroughly.
- 7Blend in the banana and vanilla mix thoroughly.
- 8Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 9Blend in the cultured coconut milk vanilla (sour cream replacement) and chocolate chips.
- 10Pour batter into 2 prepared loaf pans.
- 11Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a butter knife that has been inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 12(Note if you are using a dark non-stick pan, you may need to add 10 minutes).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Soy/Dairy/Egg-Free Edition)
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 312.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute
Earth Balance natural buttery spread