Recipe by linlu0_0
This is based on Miss Diggy's recipe - modified to remove eggs/dairy/soy. Her original recipe is here: http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-chocolate-chip-sour-cream-banana-bread-69407
- 3 cups flour (or flour substitute)
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 8 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup Earth Balance natural buttery spread (soy & dairy free)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (organic without alcohol)
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup so delicious coconut-milk yogurt (Cultured coconut milk, not really yogurt, Vanilla flavor, in yogurt section, soy & dairy free)
- 1 cup enjoy life semi-sweet chocolate chips (soy & dairy free)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt and set aside (dry ingredients).
- In another small bowl, prepare egg substitute - mixing egg replacer with warm water until well blended - no lumps and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix the bananas with vanilla and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the buttery spread and sugar together.
- Blend in the egg replacer mix thoroughly.
- Blend in the banana and vanilla mix thoroughly.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Blend in the cultured coconut milk vanilla (sour cream replacement) and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 2 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a butter knife that has been inserted into the center comes out clean.
- (Note if you are using a dark non-stick pan, you may need to add 10 minutes).