1 hr 35 mins
This came from a magazine and sounds heavenly,I just had to post it.A bit time consuming,but really is worth it! Great dessert for company,or family gatherings.8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the loaf onto 3/4" slices,trim off crust.
- 2Cut bread to 3/4" cubes, making 8 cups (save additional for another use).
- 3Place the brad cubed into large bowl.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk eggs well.
- 5Whisk in milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, banana, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Pour mix over bread.
- 6Add chocolate chips.
- 7With rubber spatula, mix until bread in moistened well.
- 8Let set for half hour.
- 9Set rack in center of the oven, heating it to 350°F.
- 10Lightly coat 8-inch round, nonstick cake pan (deep dish glass pie is ok) with Pam.
- 11Scoop the soaked bread mixture into the pan, filling to the top.
- 12Let bake until top has browned and puffed and knife in center comes out clean (around 50 minutes).
- 13Let cool on rack.
- 14When cooled, run knife around edge between pudding and pan.
- 15Gently unmold pudding onto plate and then invert it back so brown side faces up.
- 16When serving, cut lukewarm or room temperature pudding into 8 wedges.
- 17Pour caramel sauce over.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Pudding W/Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6167.8
- Calories from Fat 1222
- Total Fat 135.8 g
- Saturated Fat 66.0 g
- Cholesterol 1048.7 mg
- Sodium 5652.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1196.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.2 g
- Sugars 405.0 g
- Protein 108.5 g