Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
This came from a magazine and sounds heavenly,I just had to post it.A bit time consuming,but really is worth it! Great dessert for company,or family gatherings.8)
- Cut the loaf onto 3/4" slices,trim off crust.
- Cut bread to 3/4" cubes, making 8 cups (save additional for another use).
- Place the brad cubed into large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs well.
- Whisk in milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, banana, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Pour mix over bread.
- Add chocolate chips.
- With rubber spatula, mix until bread in moistened well.
- Let set for half hour.
- Set rack in center of the oven, heating it to 350°F.
- Lightly coat 8-inch round, nonstick cake pan (deep dish glass pie is ok) with Pam.
- Scoop the soaked bread mixture into the pan, filling to the top.
- Let bake until top has browned and puffed and knife in center comes out clean (around 50 minutes).
- Let cool on rack.
- When cooled, run knife around edge between pudding and pan.
- Gently unmold pudding onto plate and then invert it back so brown side faces up.
- When serving, cut lukewarm or room temperature pudding into 8 wedges.
- Pour caramel sauce over.