Recipe by cookee monster
This comes from the New Dr. Cookie Cookbook. To make this low-fat use 1 egg and 2 egg whites. Or if you're lazy like me just use 2 whole eggs.
Top Review by Ruby Atlantica
Delicious! Has that giveaway "low-fat" texture but the flavour is definitely worth it. I added 2 full eggs, then followed my heart and added 1 tsp of vanilla. Vanilla yogurt might've had positive results, too.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 cups bananas, ripe and mashed, about 3
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg and 2 egg whites with sugar and oil with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the yogurt and bananas and beat again.
- Stir in the flour mixture and chocolate chips by hand until just combined.
- Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan that's been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. The crust may crack.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- This can be frozen after it cools completely.