Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
One loaf is not enough to satisfy the hungry nibblers.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 small)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Lightly grease the bottom only of a 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4 inch loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add butter, eggs and bananas and blend well on medium speed of mixer.
- Stir in small chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake at 350 for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
I really, really enjoyed this recipe. Reminded me of my Gam's banana bread! I used a different pan so it took less time, only about 40 mins. I made very minimal changes I used milk chocolate chips (all we had), no nuts, melted my butter and hand mixed it. This will be a recipe I use for years to come. Thanks for posting it!!! :)
Great recipe. I doubled it as I had some big bananas and I also used splenda for baking to cut down on the sugar..they turned out great...
This was a big hit. I too, left out the nuts and it was delicious. Yum!