Recipe by Chef Dudo
This was sent to me by a friend. It is moist and "chocolaty". Would maybe not describe it a a bread but more like a cake. The sour cream really sets the chocolate off.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed (about three large)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a large loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, cream butter, both white and brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each until light and creamy.
- Mix in about one third of the flour mixture.
- Mix in bananas, then another third of the flour, then sour cream and then the remaining flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until done.
- Cool on a wire rack.