Recipe by asoids
This is more of a desert than a bread and is great with butter and popped in the micro for 10 sec. My mother made two loaves every week or two since my brother, sister, and I ate a slice for breakfast almost everyday. Grocery stores usually sell ripe bananas if you want to make the bread within the day.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (the darker and juicier they are, the better)
- 0.5 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and baking soda togeather in large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingrediants except the cc's and mix throughly. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 greased bread pan or seperate into muffins using aluminum or paper cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour at 325 degrees for bread and around 20 min for muffins. Top will crack and be dark brown, with a dark cream color inside where it cracked.