Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great snack.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Banana Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour,baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl.
- Beat butter,sugar,brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in Banana and egg.
- Gradually beat into flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into greased 15x10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
- or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.
Turned out great. Kids love it. We cut the choc chips to 3/4 cup.
Very nice flavor, with a light tender crumb! After reading the reviews, I reduced the chocolate chip amount to 1 cup, and added 1 cup toasted and chopped walnuts. I baked the bars in a 15x10 (dark) jellyroll pan at 325F for 25 minutes. The bars cut easily. Made (Chocolate Chip Banana Bars #230645 by Karen67) for the Help a Naked Recipe Event in the Photo Forum, September 2012.
Excellent, a big hit!