Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I thought I had the best chocolate chip recipe but after trying these this morning I may have found a better one. Soft, puffy and oh, so good. Try 'em, you'll like ,em!
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and shortening.
- Gradually add sugars, beating well.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add to creamed mixture,beat well.
- Stir in chips and pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 350° for 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Great recipe. Used mini chips and chopped hazelnuts and they were amazing.
These were so light and fluffy and perfect. I left out the pecans and did not roll them in sugar before baking. They were great without these two extra steps because there are a ton of chocolate chips in them. Thanks! Made these again for Christmas gifts. This time I added the pecans and they were heavenly! They got rave reviews from all my coworkers who loved the fact that they were crisp.
I baked these this past weekend with my grandchild and they were fabulous. Will do a ton of these for the school fair "sweet booth". Thanks for posting!!