Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are so moist and delicious there are never any leftovers. I am a person that does not like an overabundance of banana flavour so these were just right. You can also make this into a banana loaf as well. Adapted from a recipe I found on the Food Network.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and the vanilla together. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (I use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for this).
- Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter while mixing until incorporated.
- Add the bananas and stir until incorporated.
- Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated with a spatula.
- Pour in the walnuts and chocolate chips and gently fold into mixture.
- Place mixture in a paper-line muffin tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (All tray sizes and ovens are different so keep an eye on them).
These were very good! I used 1/3 whole wheat flour, and we enjoyed them very much. I would suggest using 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. baking soda though. I think you would get a better rise. Made for Fall PAC 2012