1/3 Photos of Chocolate Chip and Mascarpone Cupcakes - Giada De Laurentiis
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chocolate lovers will love these (Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips topped with a chocolate ganache!). This is one of Giada's recipes. It makes a lot so it's good to bring to a party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (recommended ( Nestle morsels)
- 1For the Cupcakes:
- 2Line muffin cups with paper liners
- 3Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
- 4Combine the unsweetened chocolate and water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes. Whisk in the mascarpone cheese until the mixture is smooth.
- 5Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl for 30 seconds. Stir in the mascarpone mixture. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture. Stir until just blended.
- 6Divide the batter among the prepared muffin pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out with no crumbs attached. Cool the cupcakes completely before dipping, about 1 hour.
- 7For the Ganache:
- 8Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Combine the heavy cream and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until small bubbles appear on the outside edge of the cream. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate chips. Using a fork, gently stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 9Dip the tops of each cupcake in the ganache and transfer to a baking sheet. Place the dipped cupcakes in the refrigerator to set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to return to room temperature before serving.
- 10Cook's Note: For puffier cupcakes allow the batter to rest in the muffin pans for 20 minutes before baking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip and Mascarpone Cupcakes - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: