1/3 Photos of Chocolate Chip and Mascarpone Cupcakes - Giada De Laurentiis
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chocolate lovers will love these (Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips topped with a chocolate ganache!). This is one of Giada's recipes. It makes a lot so it's good to bring to a party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (recommended ( Nestle morsels)
- 1For the Cupcakes:
- 2Line muffin cups with paper liners
- 3Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
- 4Combine the unsweetened chocolate and water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes. Whisk in the mascarpone cheese until the mixture is smooth.
- 5Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl for 30 seconds. Stir in the mascarpone mixture. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture. Stir until just blended.
- 6Divide the batter among the prepared muffin pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out with no crumbs attached. Cool the cupcakes completely before dipping, about 1 hour.
- 7For the Ganache:
- 8Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Combine the heavy cream and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until small bubbles appear on the outside edge of the cream. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate chips. Using a fork, gently stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 9Dip the tops of each cupcake in the ganache and transfer to a baking sheet. Place the dipped cupcakes in the refrigerator to set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to return to room temperature before serving.
- 10Cook's Note: For puffier cupcakes allow the batter to rest in the muffin pans for 20 minutes before baking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip and Mascarpone Cupcakes - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: