Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
- 7 cups cubed day old French bread (small cubes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place cubed bread in a well buttered 9x13 baking pan.
- In large bowl combine all remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour liquid mixture over bread making sure all of bread is submerged.
- Let sit for approximately 1 hour.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool.