Recipe by Hazeleyes
This is a rich and out of this world gourmet cookie! A sprinkling of sea salt brings out the true flavor of this delicious cookie.
- 473.18 ml minus 2 tablespoons white flour
- 395.10 ml bread flour
- 6.16 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 295.73 ml light brown sugar
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 591.47 ml chopped milk chocolate
- 177.44 ml cashews, coarsely chopped
- sea salt, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and cashews to the dough. Stir well. This will be very thick, and I sometimes use my hands to mix together.
- Using a spoon, scoop the dough into a rough ball, about the size of a golf ball, and place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until light brown and and set for about 9-10 minutes in a 350 degrees oven.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack and enjoy!