1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip and Cashew Gourmet Cookies
This is a rich and out of this world gourmet cookie! A sprinkling of sea salt brings out the true flavor of this delicious cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chopped milk chocolate
- 3/4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- 1Sift together the flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- 2In another bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- 4Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- 5Add the chocolate chips and cashews to the dough. Stir well. This will be very thick, and I sometimes use my hands to mix together.
- 6Using a spoon, scoop the dough into a rough ball, about the size of a golf ball, and place on the baking sheet.
- 7Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until light brown and and set for about 9-10 minutes in a 350 degrees oven.
- 8Cool cookies on a cooling rack and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip and Cashew Gourmet Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1883 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g