Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a rich and out of this world gourmet cookie! A sprinkling of sea salt brings out the true flavor of this delicious cookie.
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped milk chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Sift together the flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and cashews to the dough. Stir well. This will be very thick, and I sometimes use my hands to mix together.
- Using a spoon, scoop the dough into a rough ball, about the size of a golf ball, and place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until light brown and and set for about 9-10 minutes in a 350 degrees oven.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack and enjoy!