Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pie is sinfully rich, but amazingly light.
- 6 hershey chocolate candy bars
- 15 -16 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- confectioners' sugar
- baked pie shell
- In a double boiler, break 5 Hershey chocolate bars into pieces, and melt with the marshmallows in 1/2 cup milk.
- Cool chocolate mixture in the refrigerator while you whip half of the whipping cream until stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and pour into a baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Whip remaining whipping cream and sweeten to taste with confectioner's sugar.
- Top the pie with the sweetened whipped cream.
- If desired, freeze the remaining Hershey chocolate bar, and grate over the top of the pie.
What a delicious creamy milk chocolate pie (almost like a mousse)! This was not the quickest pie to make but well worth the wait. Next time I think I'll use a little more whipping cream for my topping as I found I could have used more to evenly top the chocolate filling. The grated chocolate bar on top of the whipped cream makes for quite a presentation. ** I could also see making the pie with a chocolate cookie crumb crust rather than a baked pie crust. Note that this recipe uses a 1.55 oz Hershey Chocolate bar (standard size) which can be purchased in a package of six candy bars in the US.
I made this one twice. The first time following the recipe exactly and the second time using a chocolate cookie crumb crust as suggested in the review. We very much liked both presentations. Very easy and very very good. Margie Brock
Absolutely delicious! I used a chocolate graham cracker crust and decorated the top with the remaining candy bar squares instead of grating it. This will definitely be a regular dessert at our house!