Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Sunset Magazine
Make and share this Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Sift cake flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, oil, and 1/3 cup water until blended. Whisk in 3/4 cup sugar. Add to flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, beating just until soft peaks form. Add egg-white mixture to batter and fold in until evenly blended.
- Fill paper-lined or buttered muffin cups (1/3-cup capacity) about three-fourths full with batter (about 1/4 cup in each).
- Bake in a 325° oven until tops spring back when lightly touched in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on racks 5 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
WONDERFUL!! Made for Valentine's Day weekend treats. Frosted with creamed cheese frosting and decorated with hot pink sugar!! YUMMO!!
Yummy cupcakes! I got 12 big cupcakes. This went together easily and the cakes were nice and light. I frosted with Rita's Creamy Chocolate Frosting. A hit with the whole family. Thanks!