Recipe by Anna Haines
I got this recipe from CHEX and it is so easy and great to make! it is addicting, i make it all the time for a quick dessert that everyone will love.
Top Review by threeovens
Very sweet and a little salty from the pretzels. I probably would use more pretzels next time. I did miss a vital step when I made this, which was, PRESS DOWN FIRMLY. So I did not get bars, but rather a loose snack mix. Did I say it was very good? Made for PAC, Spring 2012.
- 4 cups popped light butter-flavor microwave popcorn
- 1 cup Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup pretzel stick, coarsely broken
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- butter bottom and sides 13x9-in. pan.
- in large bowl mix popcorn, cereal, and pretzels; set aside.
- in a microwavable bowl microwave brown sugar, corn syrup and margarine for 2 minute or until boiling, stirring after 1 minute
- pour over cereal mixture in bowl, stirring until evenly coated
- press firmly into pan
- in a small microwave bowl, microwave choc. chips 1 minute or until melted.
- drizzle over bars-(i add more choc. chips).
- cool completely- about 30 min.-cut into bars (8 rows by 4).