Recipe by Scruffers
I was given these homemade cookies in a gift basket one Christmas. I loved tham sooo much I had to ask for the recipe. This is very quick and simple to make. I hope it is not a duplicate of someones elses cookies!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 7 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased wax paper lined baking pan.
- refrigerate until firm.
- You may wish to add a few chopped walnuts, coconut, candied fruit etc.
- But I found it to be best just this way!
- You can make them any size you desire, so you may end up with 10 huge ones, or 50 little ones.
- Your choice!