Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Double chocolate, chewy, yummy, best ever cookies! I got this recipe from my friend Bella, one of the finest bakers I've ever known.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture then add chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes; let cookies rest on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
I created an account just to rate these!!!! OMG, outstanding.... The best double chocolate chip cookie I have ever eaten! Don't change a thing.
Super great cookies....I used 1 cup soft margarine & 1/2 crisco shortening and 1 cup white & 1 cup brown sugar. They did spread on the cookie sheet; however, it didn't affect how they tasted.....soft, chewy, and chocolicious!!!!
I am just making these cookies now. I made some changes however: I did not add the chocolate chips, instead I added 1 cup of dried coconut, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1/2 a tablespoon of nutmeg, sugar vanilla (2 packets), I also melted the butter rather than making it soft, used 1/2 a cup of milk, and added about a tablespoon of coffee to the mix. It all tasted so fantastic. Good recipe