Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very old recipe from Cloverbloom butter box (out of my grandmom's recipe box). Pretty much a brownie, but full of old fashioned flavor.
- 2 ounces baking chocolate (2 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Melt chocolate with butter and let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs lightly and add sugar and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate and butter.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Spread into 8 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Yum! These are so, so good! Sort of like a creamy, chewy brownie. I sprinkled chopped pecans on top. This is very easy to make and we really loved them! I will definitely make this again. Thanks Karen!!
These were SO VERY good. Impossible to stop after one. We had a guest for supper and I think he ate about 8 of them, he only stopped 'cos he managed to empty the plate.